27 December 2006

Alive and Well and Er, Um, Okay, hmrphh...

My poor blog. It just lays here sadly dormant while I go off trotting around the globe...

It's not all been a pleasure trip, though. The last few months have been hard work, but never has there been a dull moment (well, okay, there was a rather relaxing coach ride from London to Oxford that qualified as pleasantly dull and then there was that other dull moment when I went to Sainsbury's and only had to get peas). There have been ups and downs, but as I said in the last post, you didn't come here for the life story. Well, okay, you kind of did, but we have to wrap that story within another story because I'm too old to keep a LiveJournal and too young to write my memoirs.

Suffice it to say, we arrived safely in London on 23 October 2006 and I started my new job on the 25th. Many adventures followed (including one involving hiding our cat away in our cheap hotel room for over a week - not my highest moment, though not my lowest either), much questing was done and high hilarity ensued until at long last our hero, heroine and cat finally came to call Camden Town home.

Our shipment of stuff from the States, including my record collection and some furniture, arrives next week. I hope we can fit it all into our flat. It should be fairly surreal to again see all these material possessions that I have learned to live without. I started to feel very liberated from them, though it will be ace to have my vinyl, our bookshelf and books, our vintage bar/booze cart and booze and our pink shag rug back in hand. How I do miss that pink shag rug! In January, if you need to find me, I'll be at home sitting on my pink shag rug drinking copious amounts of mezcal.

It's just over two months into our English life and we're over the roughest bits and ready to settle in and enjoy life again. As soon as the 4 p.m. sunsets are swallowed up by summertime and we can spend weekends walking in parks without overcoats, that enjoyment should come rather easily.

From London with love...

51_twoFingersAZ.jpg

0 comments: